Thursday, February 23, 2012

Excited about Possibilities

As I said in my first post I am making 2012 my year for change. I am really excited. I started this journey January 2, 2012. So far I've lost 12lbs!!! I started by doing Weight Watchers online. I lost a few pounds. Then I decided I needed to get out of the house and join the gym. I know there are people who can make changes on their own at home but I have a hard time getting myself to stick to anything. In the past I have had success going to the gym. I have been putting it off because I felt nervous about putting my daughter in the childcare. But I decided ultimately it is going to be better for her to see mommy making exercise a priority than using her as an excuse. Because actions speak louder than words. If she sees me doing it, she will be more likely to follow in my footsteps. And because being the best mom I can be means being a healthy mom.
When I joined the gym, I got 4 sessions with a trainer. They put me on a restrictive but healthy diet. I lost even more weight. But at the end of the sessions I decided that I would rather do a different nutrition program. I still plan on doing strength training. 
Tuesday I decided that I wanted to sign up for Dr. Oz's Transformation Nation. So I found a meeting and weighed in. My weight in the meeting is about 5.4 lb. higher than at home. But when I weigh myself at home it is in the morning before I eat and without clothes. After going to that Weight Watchers meeting, I decided to give it a try again, since they were so supportive and were really nice and understanding about bringing my daughter. So I am going to give it a try for about a month or so and see how it goes. I really like having the support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment