Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nails, Emotional Eating, Strength Training

So this evening I decided to do my own acrylic nails. I bought a kit at the drug store and some tools to do a manicure. I used coconut oil to soften my cuticles and it worked really well. The nails feel really good but the surface is a little uneven and since I did french tips with clear polish you can she some white where the acrylic did work right. I think they look pretty good though when you don't look to closely :)
It feels good to do something for myself that I can't really afford to pay someone to do for me. I love getting my nails done. So this was a treat.
I am feeling pretty good this evening. I cleaned up the house a little today. I also made a magnet for my refrigerator that says HALT. It reminds me to asses when I am hungry and decide whether I am hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. I need to remember to eat only when I am hungry and not treat my emotions with food. Tomorrow I want to do a strength workout at the gym. I haven't gone to the gym in over a week because of sickness in the family including myself. Now I am kind of psyching myself out of doing my strength program because it will be the first time doing it without a trainer and I feel intimidated workout in front of a bunch of muscle building guys. I think once I go and do it, I will feel a lot less intimidated.

No comments:

Post a Comment